The Blue Mountains Theatre and Community Hub is a new multi-purpose facility built by the Blue Mountains City Council to replace the old Springwood Civic Centre. The Australian Government contributed $9.5 million to the construction of the facility.
The Hub incorporates:
- a 436 seat Theatre including greenroom/rehearsal space.
- Box office facilities.
- 4 meeting rooms, 2 interview rooms and the Hub facility management office
- Offices and working spaces for community service tenants including the Springwood Neighbourhood Centre, The Blue Mountains Vietnam Veterans & Associated Forces, Blue Mountains Recreation & Respite Service; and Blue Mountains Food Services (Meals on Wheels).
- A Galleria linking the spaces, serving as a foyer for the Blue Mountains Theatre and as a multi-purpose event and activity space. The front desk also functions as a service desk for the Blue Mountains City Council in Springwood.
- A landscaped forecourt with paved courtyard area. Power connections are available for outdoor events, such as markets and outdoor concerts.
- Links to the Springwood Library and the Braemar House community art gallery to create a dynamic cultural and community precinct for Springwood and the wider Blue Mountains.