- Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- Short length (11") ensures mic stays out of the shot — even when used with compact digital cameras
- Smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic.Operates on battery or phantom power and features switchable low-frequency roll-off
USB Condenser Microphone with Boom Arm Unidirectional
- Cardioid Condenser Mic – Realistic and authentic sound because of the wide frequency range (20Hz – 20KHz) and 16mm large diaphragm. This microphone minimises ambient noise and focuses on your voice. A professional unidirectional sound for high quality recordings.
- Boom Arm – The scissor-shaped metal stand allows for a perfect hold on a table or desk. It is easy to move around freely and get the adjustments right when needed. The microphone is at the perfect height for speaking and recording – Maximum desk thickness: 1.8"/46mm.
- Plug and Play – With a USB A to USB B cable, the condenser mic is perfect for Mac, Windows, computers and PlayStation. For remote meeting on Teams or Zoom, gaming, podcasting, live stream on YouTube and Twitch with studio quality audio.
- Shock Mount – Rubberised elastic straps reduce unwanted noise due to micro shocks and vibrations in the recording environment (keyboard, mouse and body movement). Be sure to have a crystal clear sound.
- Pop Filter – Attenuate the breath to increase the quality of the recording. Record and be heard professionally with a clearer a purer sound with this mic bundle. An included windshield allows for even better sound filtering when you want to make a very high quality recording.
Audio-Technica AT897 Line/Gradient Shotgun Condenser Microphone Black
The Audio-Technica AT897 Line/Gradient Shotgun Condenser Microphone is a professional-grade microphone designed for use in broadcast and film production. This condenser microphone is designed with a highly directional polar pattern, which allows for precise and clear audio capture. It has a wide frequency response range of 30 Hz to 20 kHz, providing excellent sound reproduction. Additionally, the AT897 features a low-noise preamp and a switchable low-cut filter to reduce unwanted background noise.
USB Condenser Microphone with Boom Arm Unidirectional – August REC100
The August REC100 is a USB condenser microphone with a boom arm that is designed for professional recording applications. It features a cardioid polar pattern, which reduces background noise and ensures that only the sound from the desired source is captured. The REC100 has a wide frequency response range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz, allowing for accurate sound reproduction. Additionally, it comes with a pop filter to reduce plosives and a shock mount to reduce handling noise.
When it comes to comparing the Audio-Technica AT897 and the August REC100, there are several key differences. The AT897 has a line/gradient shotgun condenser microphone design, while the REC100 is a USB condenser microphone with a boom arm. The AT897 has a highly directional polar pattern and a frequency response range of 30 Hz to 20 kHz, while the REC100 has a cardioid polar pattern and a frequency response range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz. The AT897 also features a low-noise preamp and a switchable low-cut filter, while the REC100 comes with a pop filter and a shock mount.
Both the Audio-Technica AT897 and the August REC100 are excellent microphones for professional recording applications. The AT897 is designed for broadcast and film production, while the REC100 is designed for general recording. The AT897 has a highly directional polar pattern and a wide frequency response range, while the REC100 has a cardioid polar pattern and a slightly narrower frequency response range. Additionally, the AT897 has a low-noise preamp and a switchable low-cut filter, while the REC100 comes with a pop filter and a shock mount. Ultimately, the choice between these two microphones will depend on the user’s specific needs and preferences.
Specifications / Attributes
|Feature||Audio-Technica AT897||USB Condenser Microphone with Boom Arm Unidirectional|
|Audio Output Response Bandwidth||20 – 20000 Hz||N/A|
|Audio output mode||Stereo||N/A|
|Batteries||1 AA batteries required. (included)||1 Lithium Metal batteries required.|
|Battery cell composition||Alkaline||N/A|
|Compatible Devices||Camcorder, Camera||Personal Computer|
|Date First Available||10 April 2018||20 June 2022|
|Does it contain liquid?||N/A||No|
|Hardware Platform||Camcorder||Laptop, PC, Tablet|
|Includes AC Adapter||No||N/A|
|Includes Rechargeable Battery||N/A||No|
|Is discontinued by manufacturer||No||N/A|
|Item Model Number||AT897||AUG REC100B|
|Item Weight||454 g||1.1 kg|
|Microphone format||Microphone Only||Large Diaphragm|
|Mounting Hardware||Microphone, Battery||Microphone|
|Noise level||N/A||16 dB|
|Number of items||1||1|
|Power Source||Battery Powered||Corded Electric|
|Product dimensions||50.8 x 5.08 x 12.7 cm; 453.59 Grams||39 x 11 x 4 cm; 1.1 Kilograms|
|Signal-to-noise ratio (dB)||77 dB||78 dB|
|Total USB ports||N/A||1|
|Check the Best Deal Price Today||Check the Best Deal Price Today|