Gaming mice have become an essential tool for gamers, providing precision, speed, and customization options that can give you an edge over your opponents. With so many options available on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. That’s why we have done the research for you and compiled a list of the best gaming mice currently available.
Whether you’re a casual gamer or a professional e-sports player, finding the right gaming mouse can greatly enhance your gaming experience and improve your performance. So, if you’re ready to take your gaming to the next level, keep reading to discover the top contenders for the title of the best gaming mouse.
What is a gaming mouse?
When it comes to the gaming universe, A gaming mouse is like one of your friends who never fails to put your trust in it. Unlike regular mice, these are finely tuned for gaming. They sport cool features like higher DPI (dots per inch) for speedy moves, programmable buttons for faster shortcuts, and an ergonomic design for those marathon sessions. Plus, they often have snazzy RGB lighting to match your gaming rig’s style.
Benefits of using a gaming mouse
- Precision personified: Laser-like accuracy aids in nailing those crucial shots.
Speed Freak: In games, faster response times equal faster reactions.
- Customizable Controls: Additional customizable buttons may be assigned to particular activities such as casting spells or reloading.
- Ergonomic Elegance: Designed to fit comfortably in your hand during lengthy gaming sessions.
- Durability Dynamo: Designed to resist repeated clicks and scrolling.
Game-Specific Profiles: Some can preserve settings for different games, allowing you to be ready at all times.
- Aesthetics: Sleek designs and programmable RGB lighting offer a touch of elegance to your system.
What are the types of Gaming Mouse?
Wireless gaming mice are like freedom fighters for your gameplay. They liberate you from tangled wires while still delivering top-notch performance. The wireless connection is smooth, thanks to advanced technologies, ensuring minimal lag and optimal responsiveness. With a range of wireless models available, you can find options tailored to your preferences, whether you’re seeking hours of battery life or extra buttons for customization. These mice cater to those who crave a clutter-free setup, and some offer wireless connectivity that’s just as reliable as their wired counterparts.
Wired gaming mice are the workhorses of the gaming world. They’re all about the direct connection, making sure your moves are lightning-fast and without delay. With optical sensors and mechanical switches, they deliver pinpoint accuracy and satisfying clicks. If you’re into competitive gaming where every millisecond counts, a wired gaming mouse is your steadfast ally.
For the ambidextrous champs, there are gaming mice designed to fit both left and right-handed gamers like a glove. These versatile devices offer optical sensors and can come equipped with mechanical or optical switches, catering to various preferences for clicky feedback.
Ergonomic gaming mice are like handshakes for your palms. They’re thoughtfully designed to provide comfort during long gaming sessions, and they come in shapes that suit different grip styles, like palm grip or claw grip. Equipped with optical sensors, they ensure smooth tracking and accuracy, making them a cozy and practical choice for hours of immersive gameplay.
Whether you’re reaching for the wireless version with a wide range and hours of battery life, a wired mouse with mechanical switches, an ambidextrous design for flexible play, or an ergonomic fit tailored to your grip, the world of gaming mice offers something for everyone. From lightweight mice to heavier models and affordable options to more feature-rich and expensive ones, you’re sure to find the perfect companion for your gaming adventures.
What You Should Consider When Buying One
Think of polling rate as your mouse’s report card – how often it reports its position to your computer. The higher, the better, usually. Look for mice with rates around 500Hz to 1000Hz for smoother tracking.
The higher the DPI, the further your cursor travels with a tiny move. Perfect for twitchy shooters or precise editing. Look for mice with adjustable DPI to find your comfort zone.
Programmable Buttons and Customization Options
Extra buttons are like secret shortcuts to victory. Want quick access to grenades or healing potions? Customizable buttons got your back. Some mice even let you program macros for complex actions – a real game-changer.
Type of Switches Used
Optical switches are super fast and durable, while mechanical switches give a satisfying click. Wired gaming mouse? Go for consistency with optical switches.
Wireless models? Keep an eye on battery life. A wireless connection might set you free, but you don’t want your mouse to die mid-battle. Look for a wireless version with a wide range and decent hours of battery life.
Gaming mice can range in price from around $20 to $200 or more. There’s a wide range out there. Lightweight mice, heavier ones, even pricier models with all the bells and whistles. So, it’s important to choose what suits best for your needs and demands.
Remember, the right gaming mouse is like a tailored suit – it’s gotta fit your gaming style perfectly. So, consider how you grip the mouse (palm grip or claw grip), how many hours of battery life you need (for wireless versions), and your budget
Also, Here are some additional factors you have to note to consider when choosing a gaming mouse:
- Shape and size: The shape and size of the mouse should be comfortable to hold for long periods. You may want to try out different mice in person to find one that feels right for you.
- Grip style: There are three main grip styles for gaming mice: palm grip, claw grip, and fingertip grip. palm grip is the most common grip style, and it’s good for mice that are larger and heavier. claw grip is good for mice that are smaller and lighter. Fingertip grip is good for mice that are very small and light.
- Extra features: Some gaming mice have extra features, such as RGB lighting, tilt-scroll wheels, and built-in memory. These features can be nice to have, but they’re not essential.
Top 10 Budget Gaming Mice Picks of 2023! (With Price)
01. Razer DeathAdder Essential – AUD 39.95
- 6,400 DPI optical sensors: Provides excellent tracking for games.
- Portable and lightweight: It barely weighs 62g, making it portable.
- Simple to use and configure: No additional software is required.
- Long-lasting construction: Made from high-quality materials that are resistant to wear and tear.
02. Logitech G203 Lightsync – AUD 49.95
- 6,000 DPI optical sensor: Provides excellent tracking for games.
- RGB lighting: Can be tailored to your specific needs.
- 6 programmable buttons: These buttons may be programmed to do various actions in games.
- Comfortable extended periods of usage: Rubber grips and an ergonomic design.
- Logitech’s G Hub software makes it simple to customize: DPI, remappable buttons, and lighting effects may all be altered.
03. Redragon M908 Impact – AUD 36.95
- 7,200 DPI optical sensors: Provides excellent tracking for games.
- 12 programmable buttons: These buttons may be programmed to do various actions in games.
- RGB lighting: Can be customized to your specific needs.
04. HyperX Pulsefire Haste – AUD 99
- Optical sensor with 6,200 DPI: Provides accurate tracking for gaming.
- Ultra-lightweight design: Weighs only 59g, making it one of the lightest gaming mice on the market.
- Honeycomb shell: Allows for maximum airflow to keep your hand cool during long gaming sessions.
- Simple and practical design: No extra software is needed.
- Comfortable to use for long periods: Ergonomic design with rubber grips.
05. Razer Viper Mini – AUD 75
- Optical sensor with 7,200 DPI: Provides accurate tracking for gaming.
- Small and lightweight design: Weighs only 61g, making it an excellent choice for gamers with smaller hands.
- Ambidextrous design: Can be used by both right-handed and left-handed gamers.
06. Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless – AUD 69.95
- 6,000 DPI optical sensor: Allows for precise tracking while gaming.
- Wireless Connection: No cords to get in the way.
- RGB lighting: Can be customized to your needs.
- 6 programmable buttons: These buttons may be set to do various actions in games.
- Long-lasting comfort: Rubber grips provide an ergonomic design.
07. SteelSeries Rival 3 – AUD 49.95
- Optical sensor with 6,000 DPI: Provides accurate tracking for gaming.
- RGB lighting: Can be customized to match your setup.
- 6 programmable buttons: Can be programmed to perform different actions in games.
08. Roccat Burst Core – AUD 44.95
- Optical sensor: 6,000 DPI
- RGB lighting: Customizable lighting effects
- 6 programmable buttons: Can be programmed to perform different actions
- Durable construction: Can withstand wear and tear
09. Corsair M55 RGB Pro – AUD 75
- 6,000 DPI optical sensor
- RGB illumination: Lighting effects that can be customised
- 6 programmable buttons: Can be configured to execute a variety of activities
- Design for ergonomics: All hand sizes will find it comfortable.
- Long-lasting construction: Can survive normal wear and tear
10. Cooler Master MM720 – AUD 59.95
- Optical sensor: 19,000 DPI
- Honeycomb shell: Lightweight and breathable design
- Wide range of motion: 110mm/s max speed and 50g max acceleration
- Comfortable grip: Textured sides for a secure grip
- Durable construction: Can withstand wear and tear