Choosing the right monitor for gaming can be an exciting decision! Imagine diving into your favourite games with stunning visuals and vibrant colours all on a big screen. But with so many options available, it can also feel a little overwhelming. Don’t worry, though – we’re here to help you understand what size monitor might be best for your gaming adventures.
When we talk about the size of a monitor, we’re usually referring to the diagonal measurement of the screen. It’s like measuring from one corner of the screen to the opposite corner. The size is usually given in inches. So, when you see a monitor listed as, let’s say, 24 inches, it means that the screen measures 24 inches from one corner to the other.
Now, let’s get to the fun part: gaming! The size of your monitor can really impact your gaming experience. Think of it like watching a movie – a bigger screen can make everything feel more immersive. When you’re playing games, a larger monitor can help you see all the action in detail, like spotting enemies sneaking around a corner or enjoying the intricate design of your in-game world.
On the other hand, if you’re someone who likes to sit really close to your screen, a super big monitor might make you feel like you’re watching a tennis match – constantly moving your head to catch all the action. So, finding the right balance between screen size and how far you sit from it is important.
What Is The Best Size Monitor For Gaming?
If you’re playing fast-paced games where quick reflexes are key, a smaller monitor might be a good choice. You won’t have to move your eyes as much to see everything, which can be a big advantage in competitive games. On the flip side, if you’re into exploring open-world games or enjoying beautiful landscapes, a larger monitor can make those games feel even more breathtaking.
Another just as important factor to consider is the refresh rate. Higher the refresh rate, the more fluid and snappy the display. Thus, you can make quick movements according to your reflexes and amplify your gaming experience.
With that being said, let us take a look at the different screen sizes of monitors and the best ones you can buy for that display size. get ready and let’s get immersed in the vibrant pixel world.
The Best 24-Inch Monitor
One of the best for the price, The Alienware AW2524H is one of the first monitors to come with a super high refresh rate of 480Hz, and also it has the ability to dial it down when not in intensive gaming. With a super immersive display of 24 to 25 inches, it has the power to make you feel completely immersed and experience gaming like never before.
Right Size: The screen is 24.5 inches, which is just right – not too big or small. It’s easy on your eyes and lets you see everything clearly. With an aspect ratio of 16:9, it just fits almost every game and makes it even more awesome for watching movies on.
Super Clear: The monitor can change its images 480 times per second (refresh rate). That’s super fast! It means everything you see on the screen looks really smooth, even in fast games.
- Move It Up or Down: You can make the monitor higher or lower to match how you like to sit.
- No Annoying Glare: The screen doesn’t show annoying reflections, so you can concentrate on playing.
- Turn It Sideways: You can turn the screen sideways if you want. This can be helpful for reading or other stuff.
- Move Left and Right: The screen can move left and right. If someone’s watching with you, they can see better.
- Tilt Up or Down: If you’re not sitting right in front, you can tilt the screen to see well.
The Best 27-inch Monitor
When it comes to 27-inch monitors, the spectrum is wide, to be honest. So, here we will look at the best 2 competitors and you can decide on one based on your preference.
|Feature||ASUS ROG Swift 27”1440P||SAMSUNG Odyssey G7 27″|
|Display Resolution Max||2560 x 1440 pixels||2560 x 1440 pixels|
|Screen Size||26.5 inches||26.9 inches|
|Display Type||OLED||Curved WQHD|
|Item Dimensions||23.82 x 10.79 x 17.24 inches||24.21 x 12.04 x 22.68 inches|
|Item Weight||6.91 Kilograms.||7.2 Kilograms|
These monitors go head to head in terms of specs, but however one of the biggest differentiating factors between them is that the Samsung one has a curved display while the Asus one gives you a traditional flat display.
Now that you know what these gaming monitors have to offer, you can opt for the one that best suits you.
The Best 32-inch Monitor
The Samsung 32″ Odyssey Neo G8, is a gaming monitor that’s designed to give you an incredible gaming experience. Here’s what you need to know:
- 32″ 4K Display: This monitor has a big and clear screen with a super sharp 4K resolution.
- 240 Hz Refresh Rate: It refreshes the images on the screen really fast, making your games look smooth and responsive.
- FreeSync and G-SYNC: These technologies help prevent things like screen tearing and make your games look even better.
- 1 ms Response Time: This means the monitor reacts super quickly to what’s happening in the game.
- HDR10+ Support: It can show high-quality HDR content for more lifelike visuals.
- Curved Design: The screen is curved to make you feel like you’re inside the game.
- Quantum Matrix Technology: This special technology makes sure the bright and dark parts of the screen look great, giving you crisp and vivid images.
- Accurate Colors: The monitor shows colours just like they’re supposed to look, and it’s especially good at showing different shades.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatibility: This helps your graphics card and the monitor work together smoothly for better gaming.
- Ultrawide Aspect Ratio: It can show games in a really wide view, which is great for immersive experiences.
- Auto Source Switch: The monitor switches to the right input automatically when you start using a different device.
- Adjustable Stand: You can move the monitor up and down, tilt it, and even swivel it to find the best angle for playing.
In simple terms, the Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 is an ultrawide monitor that’s perfect for playing games. It has super clear and detailed visuals, works really well with fast-paced games, and can make your gaming world come to life.
Plus, it has smart features like adjusting itself to different devices and extra USB ports for your accessories. So, if you’re a gamer looking for a fantastic curved monitor and an immersive gaming experience, this one might be just what you need.
Also read, the best gaming chair, click here: https://bluemountainstheatreandhub.com.au/gaming-chair/
Best Bang For Buck
The Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ1A is a really good option if you want a nice 27-inch monitor that shows clear pictures and moves quickly. It can change its pictures up to 170 times per second (refresh rate), which makes everything look smooth.
Here are the important things you should know:
What’s Great About It:
- It’s a good deal, not too expensive. ($440)
- The screen is 27 inches big and shows things in clear detail (2560 x 1440 pixels).
- You can move it around to make it comfortable for you.
What’s Not So Great:
- It uses an older kind of connection called DisplayPort 1.2 instead of the newer 1.4.
- It can’t get super bright, so it might not be very clear in really bright rooms.
This monitor is a popular choice because it gives you good stuff without costing a lot. The screen is a good size and shows things clearly, and it moves smoothly in games. It doesn’t have the very newest things, but for most people, it’s a great option at a good price.
The Best Ultrawide Gaming Monitor
|Resolution||5120 x 1440 pixels (32:9)|
|Ports||HDMI 2.1 x 2, DisplayPort 1.4, USB 3.0 x 2, PC in, 3.5mm headphone jack|
|Item Weight||14.51 kg|
|Product Dimensions||16.5 x 45.3 x 21.1 inches|
The Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 is a super wide monitor that’s great for people who love big, curved screens. Here’s what you should know:
- It’s very big and has a curved shape, making it a unique experience.
- The resolution is really high, so the pictures look super clear.
- It can change its pictures super fast, up to 240 times per second.
- The screen is bright and good for showing things with extra detail.
Not So Good Stuff:
- It’s very expensive. ($2999)
- Because it’s so big, it might not fit well on a small desk.
This monitor is like a dream come true for people who love big, curved screens. It’s huge, has really clear pictures, and is super fast for gaming. But because of its size, you need to make sure you have a big enough space for it. If you can set it up comfortably, it will give you an amazing gaming experience with its big, curved design.