Dayton Audio UMM-6
- Precision condenser microphone for critical measurement and recording applications
- Connects to your PC or Mac via USB port
- True omnidirectional pattern and calibrated flat frequency response
- Rugged construction with high-quality components
- Compact design; includes sturdy carrying case with foam insert
- GREAT MICROPHONE FOR CONFERENCE AND DISTRIBUTION — BOYA BY-GM18CB Desktop Gooseneck Condenser Microphone with an excellent cardioid polar pattern can clearly capture the sound in front of the microphone, which tailored for speech, maximizing intelligibility in speech while reducing the chance for feedback. Great choice for speech, lectures, video conferences, meetings and more.
- 48V PHANTOM POWER & EASY TO USE — BOYA BY-GM18CB Desktop Gooseneck Condenser Microphone supports two AAA batteries or 48V phantom power supply. And this mic is easy to use, just add 48v of phantom power, set the switch on the bottom for how you want the mic to operate and you are done.
- ADJUSTABLE DUAL-SECTION GOOSENECK MIC— BOYA BY-GM18CB Condenser Microphones with Dual-section 18" bi-fold gooseneck provides full articulation and easy placement options. It is ideal for installing sound reinforcement applications, including corporate facilities, houses of worship, and government institutions.
- DETACHABLE MIC BASE — The Desktop Microphone Base with Anti-slip foot pad, and options for Push-to-Talk, Always on, or Push-to-Mute. The ON/OFF status is clearly indicated by the LED ring. You can also press the PUSH button to detach the gooseneck for better storage and carrying.
- PLS NOTICE: The XLR cable is not included.
Are you looking for the perfect microphone for your next project? Whether you’re recording a podcast, streaming a live event, or giving a speech, it’s important to have the right microphone to capture the best sound quality. In this blog post, we’ll be comparing two popular microphones: the Dayton Audio UMM-6 USB Measurement Microphone and the BOYA 18″ Gooseneck Condenser Microphone with Desktop Base. We’ll take a look at the features, specs, and performance of each microphone to help you decide which one is best for your needs.
Design and Build Quality
The Dayton Audio UMM-6 USB Measurement Microphone is a compact and lightweight microphone that is easy to set up and use. It features a USB connection, allowing you to plug it directly into your computer or laptop for easy recording. The microphone is made of sturdy plastic and is designed to stand up to wear and tear.
The BOYA 18″ Gooseneck Condenser Microphone is a larger and more durable microphone that is designed for professional use. It features an XLR connection and comes with a desktop base for stability. The microphone is made of metal and is designed to be used in high-pressure environments.
The Dayton Audio UMM-6 USB Measurement Microphone has a frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz, which is great for recording vocals, instruments, and other sound sources. It has a flat frequency response, which means it captures sound accurately without any coloration. The microphone also has a low noise floor, making it ideal for recording in quiet environments.
The BOYA 18″ Gooseneck Condenser Microphone has a frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz, making it suitable for recording a variety of sound sources. It has a flat frequency response, which ensures accurate sound reproduction. The microphone also has a low noise floor, making it great for recording in noisy environments.
Connectivity and Compatibility
The Dayton Audio UMM-6 USB Measurement Microphone is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. It has a USB connection, making it easy to plug into your computer or laptop for recording. The microphone also comes with a USB cable for easy setup.
The BOYA 18″ Gooseneck Condenser Microphone is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. It has an XLR connection, making it compatible with a variety of audio equipment. The microphone also comes with a desktop base for added stability.
The Dayton Audio UMM-6 USB Measurement Microphone and the BOYA 18″ Gooseneck Condenser Microphone are both great microphones for recording audio. The Dayton Audio UMM-6 is a compact and lightweight microphone that is easy to set up and use, while the BOYA 18″ Gooseneck Condenser Microphone is a larger and more durable microphone that is designed for professional use. Both microphones have a flat frequency response and a low noise floor, making them great for recording in both quiet and noisy environments. Ultimately, the choice of which microphone to use depends on your specific needs and preferences.
We hope this blog post has helped you understand the differences and similarities between these two microphones and has enabled you to make an informed decision about which one is best for your needs. For more information about these microphones, check out their official websites: Dayton Audio UMM-6 USB Measurement Microphone and BOYA 18″ Gooseneck Condenser Microphone with Desktop Base.
Specifications / Attributes
|Feature||Dayton Audio UMM-6||BOYA BY-GM18CB|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Ion batteries required.||N/A|
|Compatible Devices||Personal Computer||Gaming Console|
|Date First Available||30 June 2018||6 November 2022|
|Does it contain liquid?||N/A||No|
|Includes AC Adapter||No||N/A|
|Is discontinued by manufacturer||No||N/A|
|Item Model Number||UMM-6||BY-GM18CB|
|Item Weight||148 g||812 g|
|Microphone format||Table Array||Gooseneck|
|Mounting Hardware||Microphone||18" Gooseneck Microphone, Microphone Base|
|Noise level||70 dB||N/A|
|Number of items||N/A||1|
|Package Dimensions||N/A||40.41 x 16.61 x 6.71 cm; 812 Grams|
|Power Source||Corded Electric||Battery Powered|
|Product dimensions||2.49 x 2.49 x 21.89 cm; 148 Grams||N/A|
|Signal-to-noise ratio (dB)||70 dB||78 dB|
|Special Features||N/A||Detachable Base, LED Indicator|
|Check the Best Deal Price Today||Check the Best Deal Price Today|