Dayton Audio UMM-6
- Precision condenser microphone for critical measurement and recording applications
- Connects to your PC or Mac via USB port
- True omnidirectional pattern and calibrated flat frequency response
- Rugged construction with high-quality components
- Compact design; includes sturdy carrying case with foam insert
Sony ECM-LV1 Lavalier Microphone
- HIGH QUALITY SOUND: This Lavalier mic delivers crystal clear audio with high quality omni-directional pickup with reduced unwanted noise. Even further improved audio quality when used with the ECM-W2BT wireless microphone and a camera with a multi-interface shoe that supports digital audio capture.
- FLEXIBILITY: 360-degree rotation clip mic for freedom of horizontal attachment to a necktie, or vertical attachment to a pocket with the microphone attached at the same angle.
- PORTABLE: A compact design for unobtrusive tie, pocket or lapel mic attachment that can be transported effortlessly.
- IN THE BOX: Wind screen included to reduce noise when outside in strong winds that may interfere with audio recording.
Are you in the market for a new microphone? Whether you’re a budding musician, a podcast enthusiast, or a budding YouTuber, choosing the right microphone can be a daunting task. It’s important to consider your needs and budget before making a purchase. In this blog post, we will compare two of the most popular microphones on the market – the Dayton Audio UMM-6 USB Measurement Microphone and the Sony ECM-LV1 Lavalier Microphone with Stereo Sound Capture. We will explore their features, sound quality, and design to help you make an informed decision.
The Dayton Audio UMM-6 USB Measurement Microphone is a small, lightweight, and portable microphone that can be easily carried around. It has a sleek and modern design with a black finish. The microphone has a built-in USB port for easy connection to PC or Mac. It also has a 3.5mm headphone jack for monitoring the sound.
The Sony ECM-LV1 Lavalier Microphone, on the other hand, is a compact and lightweight microphone that can be worn around the neck. It has a black and silver finish and comes with a clip for easy attachment. The microphone has a built-in 3.5mm plug for easy connection to PC or Mac. It also has a 1/4 inch headphone jack for monitoring the sound.
The Dayton Audio UMM-6 USB Measurement Microphone has a frequency response of 20 Hz – 20 kHz and a signal-to-noise ratio of 95 dB. It has a flat frequency response that ensures accurate sound reproduction. The microphone is capable of capturing sound from up to 10 feet away.
The Sony ECM-LV1 Lavalier Microphone has a frequency response of 20 Hz – 20 kHz and a signal-to-noise ratio of 90 dB. It has a flat frequency response that ensures accurate sound reproduction. The microphone is capable of capturing sound from up to 8 feet away.
The Dayton Audio UMM-6 USB Measurement Microphone and the Sony ECM-LV1 Lavalier Microphone are both great options for those looking for a quality microphone. While the Dayton Audio UMM-6 has a more modern design and is capable of capturing sound from up to 10 feet away, the Sony ECM-LV1 has a more compact design and can capture sound from up to 8 feet away. Both microphones have a flat frequency response and a signal-to-noise ratio of 95 dB and 90 dB, respectively. Ultimately, the choice comes down to your needs and budget.
Specifications / Attributes
|Feature||Dayton Audio UMM-6||Sony ECM-LV1 Lavalier Microphone|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Ion batteries required.||1 Lithium Ion batteries required.|
|Compatible Devices||Personal Computer||Camera|
|Date First Available||30 June 2018||12 March 2021|
|Graphics Card Interface||N/A||PCI-Express x16|
|Hardware Interface||N/A||PCI Express x16|
|Includes AC Adapter||No||N/A|
|Is discontinued by manufacturer||No||N/A|
|Item Model Number||UMM-6||ECM-LV1|
|Item Weight||148 g||12 g|
|Microphone format||Table Array||Lavalier|
|Mounting Hardware||Microphone||Wind Screen, Stereo Lavalier Microphone|
|Noise level||70 dB||N/A|
|Number of items||N/A||1|
|Power Source||Corded Electric||Corded Electric|
|Product dimensions||2.49 x 2.49 x 21.89 cm; 148 Grams||29.99 x 5.16 x 12.69 cm; 12 Grams|
|Signal-to-noise ratio (dB)||70 dB||35 dB|
|Check the Best Deal Price Today||Check the Best Deal Price Today|