Let’s admit it: We have all come up with a situation where you might’ve cleaned your PC before starting to use it. But on the next day, you will see specks of dust build-ups all over the top of your monitor or on the upper part of your CPU.
It can be easy for gamers to get frustrated easily on their PC cleaning part. Dust can accumulate quickly, and even the most careful gamers can miss some spots during their regular cleaning routine.
Not only on the outsides, but most of the PC users even fail to make proper use of their system components as well. They keep on stacking files until you realize your PC starts to move slowly.
But as a serious gamer, you know your gaming PC can’t live long enough without proper cleaning and maintenance from time to time. You have to clean your PC at least once in three to six months to ensure its longevity.
Cleaning your gaming PC isn’t as complicated as you might think – all it takes is a few simple steps and you’ll be back up and running in no time.
So today, I have come up with a few simple steps you can take to ensure a complete cleaning process, whether it is cleaning your PC’s external hardware or cleaning and optimizing your PC system internally.
How to Clean the Gaming PC Externally?
When it comes to cleaning the external components of your gaming PC, it’s a much simpler process than dealing with its internal parts.
The first step is to make sure that you have all the necessary items that you need for the job:
- A can of compressed air
- a microfiber cloth or cotton swab (but a damp cloth can also do the necessary job)
- some rubbing alcohol
These three items should be enough to help you clean the exterior parts of your gaming PC.
Once you have all the necessary items…
- Make sure to turn off and unplug your gaming PC from any power sources. This is a very important step as it ensures that you are not at risk of any electrical shocks while cleaning.
- Start by using the compressed air and blowing away all the dust particles that have accumulated on the outside. Make sure to take special care when blowing out any dust that may be stuck in hard-to-reach places.
- Take your microfiber cloth or cotton swab and gently wipe down all the surfaces using mild rubbing alcohol or any other cleaning solution you may have. This will remove any caked-on dirt or grim from the outside of your gaming PC and restore its original shine.
- If you’re finding it difficult to get a microfiber cloth and alcohol, You can use a soft cloth and some warm water or soap to clean some non-electronic parts of your gaming PC such as the cloth mouse pad, outer parts of your gaming mouse, etc.
- Once you have wiped down all the surfaces, it’s time to move on to the next step and that is reinstalling all the hardware components such as hard drives, DVD drives, graphics cards, etc. (Make sure to use anti-static straps while handling any hardware components as this will help reduce the risk of static electricity damaging your components)
Once you have reinstalled all the external components, the last step is to plug in and turn on your gaming PC. This will complete the process and help you enjoy a clean and optimized gaming experience.
How to Clean Your PC’s Internal Hardware?
Although cleaning the external components of your gaming PC is a straightforward process, it is much more challenging when it comes to taking care of your system’s internal components and optimizing it.
- The first step is to open up your gaming PC case and check for any dust build-up. Make sure to use either a vacuum cleaner or compressed air to blow away all the dust particles that have accumulated inside the case. This will help to keep your system running at optimal temperatures and also reduce the noise levels.
- The next step is to check for any loose or worn-out components such as fans, RAM chips, graphics cards, etc. Make sure to replace any faulty components with new ones in order to keep your gaming PC running in tip-top condition.
How to Clean Gaming PC Software?
- First, check for any outdated software installed on your system. You can do this by running a scan using any reliable PC optimization tool and then checking for any out-of-date programs or drivers.
- Uninstall any unnecessary programs that may be taking up valuable space on your system. This will free up space and also help improve the performance of your PC.
- Update all the necessary drivers and software installed on your gaming PC. Make sure to only install the latest versions as these will ensure that all your components are running at optimal levels.
- Deep cleaning your Operating system is a great way to remove any malicious software threats and to keep your PC running optimally. If you’re a Windows user and still running Windows 7 or earlier, upgrade your PC to Windows 10 or 11(if compatible). but before reinstalling Windows, make sure to keep your important documents backed up on your PC to avoid losing them. then you can continue installing your new Windows.
These are some of the steps you can follow to clean and optimize your gaming PC software.
And you’re all done! If you want to learn more how to clean gaming PC system (software), don’t miss out some tips to free up space from Microsoft.
Taking the time to clean and optimize both the hardware and software components will help ensure that you get the most out of your gaming experience.
From wiping down all the surfaces to reinstalling all the hardware components, taking the necessary steps to keep your gaming PC clean and optimized can go a long way in improving its performance and giving you the best gaming PC experience possible.