RØDE Microphones M5MP
- 1/2 inch capsule with gold-plated membrane
- Cardioid polar pattern
- State-of-the-art surface mount electronics
- Ultra-low noise
- Includes microphone clips and windshields
Blue Microphones Snowball
- Blue Snowball is our most intuitive dual condenser capsule USB microphone, allowing you to capture studio quality audio for podcasting, YouTube videos, game streaming, Skype calls and music
- Flexible and versatile, with multiple audio pick up patterns; cardioid for optimal direct mic recording and streaming; omnidirectional to capture a group of instruments or stream a conference call
- And 10dB pad cardioid setting that reduces mic sensitivity from loud sound source; so that the loudest musical instruments or vocalists come in crystal clear and distortion free
- Inspired by classic studio recording equipment, Snowball's stylish, retro aesthetic looks great, both on your desktop and on camera, taking your home streaming studio to the next level
- Snowball comes with an adjustable tripod desktop stand, allowing you to position the USB microphone in relation to the sound source for improved vocal and audio quality.Plug 'n Play on Mac and PC to instantly start recording and streaming
The Battle of the Microphones: RØDE M5MP vs Blue Snowball
Are you in the market for a new microphone? If so, you’ve probably come across the RØDE M5MP and Blue Snowball. These two mics are both popular options in the world of sound recording, and they each offer their own unique features. In this blog post, we’ll explore the differences and similarities between the two mics and help you decide which one is the best fit for your needs.
The RØDE M5MP is a compact 1/2″ cardioid condenser microphone, while the Blue Snowball is a USB microphone with a brushed aluminum finish. Both mics have a sleek, modern design, but the Snowball is the more eye-catching of the two.
When it comes to sound quality, the RØDE M5MP comes out on top. It offers a wide frequency response and excellent sound clarity, making it an ideal choice for professional recording. The Snowball is also a great choice for recording, but it’s not as versatile as the M5MP.
The RØDE M5MP is a traditional microphone that requires an audio interface for connection to a computer, while the Blue Snowball is a USB microphone that can be plugged directly into a computer. This makes the Snowball more convenient for those who don’t have an audio interface.
The RØDE M5MP is more expensive than the Blue Snowball, but it’s worth the extra cost if you’re looking for a professional-grade microphone.
The RØDE M5MP and Blue Snowball are both excellent microphones that offer great sound quality and a sleek design. The M5MP is the better choice for professional recording, while the Snowball is more convenient and affordable. Ultimately, the choice is up to you.
We hope this post has helped you understand the differences between the RØDE M5MP and Blue Snowball. For more information, check out the official websites of both products:
RØDE M5MP: https://www.rode.com/microphones/m5mp
Blue Snowball: https://www.bluedesigns.com/products/snowball
Specifications / Attributes
|Feature||RØDE Microphones M5MP||Blue Microphones Snowball|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Ion batteries required.||1 Lithium Ion batteries required.|
|Compatible Devices||Camera||Personal Computer|
|Country produced in||Australia||N/A|
|Date First Available||20 December 2017||13 November 2017|
|Hardware Platform||N/A||Laptop, PC|
|Item Model Number||M5MP||988-000068|
|Item Weight||160 g||0.1 g|
|Operating System||N/A||Windows 8.1, Windows 7, macOS 10.10 or higher, Windows 10|
|Power Source||Corded Electric||Corded Electric|
|Product dimensions||21.72 x 16.13 x 8.76 cm; 160 Grams||12.38 x 20 x 25.4 cm; 0.1 Grams|
|Check the Best Deal Price Today||Check the Best Deal Price Today|