- Groundbreaking studio condenser microphone that fuses the classic sound signature of the iconic NT1 with patented next-generation technology
- Connect to an audio interface or mixer via XLR, or plug directly into a computer via USB to record studio-grade sound in any setup – an all-in-one digital recording solution for the home or the studio
- Offers the classic warm, silky character, extremely low self-noise and high SPL handling capability that the original is revered for, perfect for a huge range of applications, from voiceovers and guitars to drums and piano
- Features RØDE’s ultra-low-noise, high-gain Revolution Preamp and high-resolution (up to 192kHz) analog-to-digital conversion for crystal-clear digital recordings
- Body machined from high-grade aluminium with nickel plating and military-grade ceramic coating, ensuring its ready to take on the rigours of recording day in, day out
- High sound pressure level and outstanding dynamic range make it a particularly versatile microphone
- Made to measure 16mm low-mass diaphragm, providing both wide frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern improves isolation of desired sound source and a reduction of sound to the side and rear
- Screw fixture and swivel foot ensure secure mounting and facilitate accurate microphone positioning.Compatible with Windows 7 Vista XP 2000 and Mac OS X
Introducing the RØDE NT1 5th Generation and Audio-Technica AT2020
Are you in the market for a new studio microphone? If so, you may be overwhelmed by the sheer number of options available. To make the decision easier, let’s compare two of the most popular studio microphones: the RØDE NT1 5th Generation and the Audio-Technica AT2020.
Both of these mics offer excellent sound quality and are suitable for a variety of applications, such as music production, vocal recording, and podcasting. But which one is the best choice for you? In this blog post, we’ll explore the differences and similarities between the RØDE NT1 5th Generation and the Audio-Technica AT2020 to help you decide.
Design and Build Quality
The RØDE NT1 5th Generation is a large-diaphragm studio condenser microphone with an all-metal body and a matte black finish. It comes with an integrated pop filter, a shock mount, and both XLR and USB outputs. The NT1 has a sleek, modern design that will look great in any studio.
The Audio-Technica AT2020 is a cardioid condenser studio microphone with a black finish. It has a rugged build quality and comes with a pivoting stand mount and a 10-foot XLR cable. The AT2020 is designed for durability and portability, making it ideal for project and home studio applications.
Both microphones offer excellent design and build quality, but the NT1 is more suitable for professional studio applications. The AT2020 is better for project and home studios due to its portability.
The RØDE NT1 5th Generation has a frequency response of 20 Hz – 20 kHz, making it suitable for capturing a wide range of sounds. It also has a low self-noise of just 4.5 dB, allowing you to record clean and clear audio without any background noise.
The Audio-Technica AT2020 has a frequency response of 20 Hz – 20 kHz and a self-noise of 20 dB. It offers excellent sound quality and is capable of capturing detailed audio.
Both microphones offer excellent sound quality, but the NT1 is the better choice for recording clean and clear audio due to its lower self-noise.
The RØDE NT1 5th Generation is priced at around $200, while the Audio-Technica AT2020 is priced at around $100.
The NT1 is more expensive than the AT2020, but it offers better sound quality and a more professional design.
The RØDE NT1 5th Generation and Audio-Technica AT2020 are both excellent studio microphones. The NT1 is better suited for professional studio applications due to its superior sound quality and design, while the AT2020 is better for project and home studios due to its portability and lower price.
If you’re looking for a professional-grade microphone for music production, vocal recording, and podcasting, the RØDE NT1 5th Generation is the better choice. However, if you’re on a budget and need a microphone for project and home studio applications, the Audio-Technica AT2020 is the perfect choice.
Specifications / Attributes
|Feature||RØDE NT1||Audio-Technica AT2020|
|Compatible Devices||Laptop, Personal Computer||Any Recording Programs, Audio Interface|
|Connector||USB, XLR Connector||XLR Connector|
|Date First Available||21 February 2023||13 March 2018|
|Item Model Number||NT1 5th Gen||AT2020|
|Item Weight||308 g||600 g|
|Musical Style||N/A||Any Genre|
|Power Source||Corded Electric||Corded Electric|
|Product dimensions||27.18 x 20.96 x 17.65 cm; 308 Grams||24.38 x 24.38 x 6.6 cm; 600 Grams|
|Supported Software||N/A||Cubase, ProTools, GarageBand|
|Check the Best Deal Price Today||Check the Best Deal Price Today|