- Groundbreaking studio condenser microphone that fuses the classic sound signature of the iconic NT1 with patented next-generation technology
- Connect to an audio interface or mixer via XLR, or plug directly into a computer via USB to record studio-grade sound in any setup – an all-in-one digital recording solution for the home or the studio
- Offers the classic warm, silky character, extremely low self-noise and high SPL handling capability that the original is revered for, perfect for a huge range of applications, from voiceovers and guitars to drums and piano
- Features RØDE’s ultra-low-noise, high-gain Revolution Preamp and high-resolution (up to 192kHz) analog-to-digital conversion for crystal-clear digital recordings
- Body machined from high-grade aluminium with nickel plating and military-grade ceramic coating, ensuring its ready to take on the rigours of recording day in, day out
Boya BY-M1 Lavalier Microphone
- Clip-On Mic for Smartphone, DSLR Cameras,Camcorders, Audio Recorders, PC
- Omni directional condenser microphone
- High-quality condenser, ideal for video use
- Low handling noise
- Includes lapel clip, LR44 battery, foam windscreen, 1/4” adapter
Whether you’re recording music, podcasting, or streaming, choosing the right microphone is essential for capturing quality audio. But with so many options available, it can be difficult to decide which one is best for you. In this blog post, we’ll compare two popular microphones – the RØDE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone and the Boya BY-M1 Lavalier Microphone – to help you make an informed decision.
Design and Build Quality
The RØDE NT1 is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone with a black finish. It has a solid metal body and comes with a shock mount, pop filter, and a 10-meter XLR cable. The Boya BY-M1 is a lavalier microphone that is small, lightweight, and comes with a clip-on design. It is compatible with a range of devices, including smartphones, DSLR cameras, and audio recorders.
The RØDE NT1 is designed for professional studio recording and offers excellent sound quality. It has a wide frequency response and low self-noise, making it ideal for capturing vocals and instruments. The Boya BY-M1 is designed for on-the-go recording and offers good sound quality. It has an omnidirectional pickup pattern, allowing it to capture sound from all directions.
The RØDE NT1 has both XLR and USB outputs, making it compatible with a range of devices. The Boya BY-M1 has a 3.5mm TRS connector, making it compatible with most smartphones, DSLR cameras, and audio recorders.
The RØDE NT1 is more expensive than the Boya BY-M1. The NT1 is available for around $200, while the BY-M1 is available for around $20.
The RØDE NT1 and Boya BY-M1 are both quality microphones that offer excellent sound quality. The NT1 is ideal for professional studio recording, while the BY-M1 is great for on-the-go recording. The NT1 is more expensive than the BY-M1, but it offers more features and better sound quality. Ultimately, the choice of microphone depends on your needs and budget.
Specifications / Attributes
|Feature||RØDE NT1||Boya BY-M1 Lavalier Microphone|
|Batteries||N/A||1 LR44 batteries required.|
|Battery cell composition||N/A||Alkaline|
|Compatible Devices||Laptop, Personal Computer||Smartphone,smartphones|
|Connector||USB, XLR Connector||N/A|
|Date First Available||21 February 2023||13 August 2019|
|Hardware Platform||Laptop||PC, Smartphone|
|Includes AC Adapter||N/A||No|
|Includes Rechargeable Battery||N/A||No|
|Is discontinued by manufacturer||N/A||No|
|Item Model Number||NT1 5th Gen||BY-M1|
|Item Weight||308 g||86.2 g|
|Mounting Hardware||N/A||Microphone, Battery, User manual|
|Noise level||N/A||74 dB|
|Power Source||Corded Electric||Battery Powered|
|Product dimensions||27.18 x 20.96 x 17.65 cm; 308 Grams||10.11 x 7.7 x 5.11 cm; 86.18 Grams|
|Signal-to-noise ratio (dB)||N/A||74 dB|
|Check the Best Deal Price Today||Check the Best Deal Price Today|