- Groundbreaking studio condenser microphone that fuses the classic sound signature of the iconic NT1 with patented next-generation technology
- Connect to an audio interface or mixer via XLR, or plug directly into a computer via USB to record studio-grade sound in any setup – an all-in-one digital recording solution for the home or the studio
- Offers the classic warm, silky character, extremely low self-noise and high SPL handling capability that the original is revered for, perfect for a huge range of applications, from voiceovers and guitars to drums and piano
- Features RØDE’s ultra-low-noise, high-gain Revolution Preamp and high-resolution (up to 192kHz) analog-to-digital conversion for crystal-clear digital recordings
- Body machined from high-grade aluminium with nickel plating and military-grade ceramic coating, ensuring its ready to take on the rigours of recording day in, day out
Rode Lavalier GO
- Professional-grade Lavaliere mic with 3.5mm TRS jack
- Pairs perfectly with the RDE Wireless go and most recording devices with a 3.5mm TRS microphone input.
- Kevlar reinforced cable
- Includes Pop shield and durable mounting clip
- High-quality omnidirectional condenser capsule
Are you looking for a microphone to take your music production, vocal recording, and podcasting to the next level? If so, you’ll be pleased to know that Rode has two great options available: the RØDE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone with XLR and USB Outputs, Shock Mount and Pop Filter, and the Rode Lavalier GO Professional-Grade Wearable Microphone. In this blog post, we’ll explore the differences and similarities between these two mics, allowing you to make an informed decision about which one is best suited for your needs.
Design and Build Quality
The RØDE NT1 is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone with a sleek, black design. It has a sturdy metal body and comes with a shock mount and pop filter for added protection. The mic also has both XLR and USB outputs, allowing you to connect it to a variety of audio equipment. On the other hand, the Rode Lavalier GO is a professional-grade wearable microphone with a discreet, black design. It has a lightweight body and comes with a clip for easy attachment to clothing. The mic is also designed to be highly durable and resistant to wear and tear.
The RØDE NT1 offers a warm, natural sound with excellent clarity and detail. It has a low noise floor, allowing you to capture audio with minimal background noise. The mic also has a wide frequency response, allowing you to capture a wide range of sounds. The Rode Lavalier GO, meanwhile, offers a crisp, clear sound with great detail. It has an extended frequency response, allowing you to capture high-frequency sounds with ease. The mic also has a high signal-to-noise ratio, allowing you to capture audio with minimal background noise.
When it comes to price, the RØDE NT1 is slightly more expensive than the Rode Lavalier GO. The NT1 retails for around $300, while the Lavalier GO retails for around $200. However, both mics are excellent value for money and offer great sound quality for their respective price points.
In conclusion, the RØDE NT1 and Rode Lavalier GO are both great options for music production, vocal recording, and podcasting. The NT1 is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone with a sleek design and excellent sound quality. It has both XLR and USB outputs, allowing you to connect it to a variety of audio equipment. The Lavalier GO, meanwhile, is a professional-grade wearable microphone with a discreet design and great sound quality. It has an extended frequency response and a high signal-to-noise ratio, allowing you to capture audio with minimal background noise. Ultimately, the choice between these two mics will depend on your budget and specific needs.
For more information, please visit the official websites of both products:
RØDE NT1 and
Rode Lavalier GO.
Specifications / Attributes
|Feature||RØDE NT1||Rode Lavalier GO|
|Batteries||N/A||1 Lithium Ion batteries required.|
|Compatible Devices||Laptop, Personal Computer||Amplifier|
|Connector||USB, XLR Connector||N/A|
|Date First Available||21 February 2023||21 August 2019|
|Does it contain liquid?||N/A||No|
|Includes Rechargeable Battery||N/A||No|
|Is discontinued by manufacturer||N/A||No|
|Is there a timer?||N/A||No|
|Item Model Number||NT1 5th Gen||LAVGO|
|Item Weight||308 g||30 g|
|Model Name||N/A||Lavalier GO|
|Number of items||N/A||1|
|Power Source||Corded Electric||Corded Electric|
|Product dimensions||27.18 x 20.96 x 17.65 cm; 308 Grams||8.3 x 10.2 x 2.8 cm; 30 Grams|
|Signal-to-noise ratio (dB)||N/A||67 dB|
|Check the Best Deal Price Today||Check the Best Deal Price Today|