- Groundbreaking studio condenser microphone that fuses the classic sound signature of the iconic NT1 with patented next-generation technology
- Connect to an audio interface or mixer via XLR, or plug directly into a computer via USB to record studio-grade sound in any setup – an all-in-one digital recording solution for the home or the studio
- Offers the classic warm, silky character, extremely low self-noise and high SPL handling capability that the original is revered for, perfect for a huge range of applications, from voiceovers and guitars to drums and piano
- Features RØDE’s ultra-low-noise, high-gain Revolution Preamp and high-resolution (up to 192kHz) analog-to-digital conversion for crystal-clear digital recordings
- Body machined from high-grade aluminium with nickel plating and military-grade ceramic coating, ensuring its ready to take on the rigours of recording day in, day out
- High quality studio microphone with the convenience of USB connectivity
- Pop shield, Tripod desk stand, ring mount, storage pouch and 6m (20') USB cable included
- 3.5mm Stereo headphone jack for zero-latency monitoring
- Direct mix control between mic input and source output
Are you looking for a high-quality microphone for your music production, vocal recording, or podcasting needs? If so, you’ve come to the right place! In this blog post, we’ll be comparing two of the most popular studio-quality condenser microphones on the market today: the RØDE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone with XLR and USB Outputs and the RØDE NT-USB Versatile Studio-Quality Condenser USB Microphone.
We’ll be exploring the features, benefits, and drawbacks of both microphones, so you can make an informed decision on which one is the best fit for you. By the end of this post, you’ll know the key differences between the two mics and have a better idea of which one is right for your specific needs. So, let’s get started!
Features & Benefits
The RØDE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone is a high-quality microphone designed for professional-level music production, vocal recording, and podcasting. It has a large-diaphragm condenser capsule, which provides a warm and natural sound with low noise levels. It also features a USB output for easy connection to your computer, as well as an XLR output for more traditional setups. Additionally, it comes with a shock mount and pop filter to reduce unwanted noise and improve the sound quality.
The RØDE NT-USB Versatile Studio-Quality Condenser USB Microphone is a great choice for streaming, gaming, podcasting, music production, vocal, and instrument recording. It has a built-in pop filter that reduces unwanted noise and a tripod stand for easy positioning. It also features a USB output, making it easy to connect to your computer.
The RØDE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone does not have a built-in pop filter, so you will need to purchase one separately. Additionally, it does not come with a tripod stand, so you will need to purchase one separately if you need one.
The RØDE NT-USB Versatile Studio-Quality Condenser USB Microphone does not have an XLR output, so it is not suitable for traditional setups. Additionally, it does not have a large-diaphragm condenser capsule, so the sound quality may not be as warm and natural as the RØDE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone.
The RØDE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone and the RØDE NT-USB Versatile Studio-Quality Condenser USB Microphone are both excellent choices for professional-level music production, vocal recording, and podcasting. The RØDE NT1 has a large-diaphragm condenser capsule, USB and XLR outputs, and comes with a shock mount and pop filter. The RØDE NT-USB has a built-in pop filter, tripod stand, and USB output.
The RØDE NT1 may be a better choice for traditional setups and those who need a warm and natural sound, while the RØDE NT-USB may be better for streaming, gaming, podcasting, and those who need a more portable setup. Ultimately, the choice is yours and depends on your specific needs.
We hope this blog post has provided you with a better understanding of the features and benefits of both microphones, so you can make an informed decision. For more information on both products, please visit the official websites of the RØDE NT1 here and the RØDE NT-USB here.
Specifications / Attributes
|Feature||RØDE NT1||RØDE NT-USB|
|Batteries||N/A||1 Lithium Ion batteries required.|
|Compatible Devices||Laptop, Personal Computer||apple|
|Connector||USB, XLR Connector||/|
|Country produced in||N/A||China|
|Date First Available||21 February 2023||8 November 2017|
|Hardware Platform||Laptop||DVD Player|
|Item Model Number||NT1 5th Gen||NT-USB|
|Item Weight||308 g||520 g|
|Power Source||Corded Electric||Corded Electric|
|Product dimensions||27.18 x 20.96 x 17.65 cm; 308 Grams||39.88 x 30.73 x 13.08 cm; 520 Grams|
|Size||N/A||Pack of 1|
|Check the Best Deal Price Today||Check the Best Deal Price Today|