- Groundbreaking studio condenser microphone that fuses the classic sound signature of the iconic NT1 with patented next-generation technology
- Connect to an audio interface or mixer via XLR, or plug directly into a computer via USB to record studio-grade sound in any setup – an all-in-one digital recording solution for the home or the studio
- Offers the classic warm, silky character, extremely low self-noise and high SPL handling capability that the original is revered for, perfect for a huge range of applications, from voiceovers and guitars to drums and piano
- Features RØDE’s ultra-low-noise, high-gain Revolution Preamp and high-resolution (up to 192kHz) analog-to-digital conversion for crystal-clear digital recordings
- Body machined from high-grade aluminium with nickel plating and military-grade ceramic coating, ensuring its ready to take on the rigours of recording day in, day out
- Product Type: Microphone
- Package Quantity: 1
- Package Dimensions: 1.0" (L) x 1.0" (W) x 1.0" (H)
- Country of Origin: Australia
When it comes to recording music, podcasts, and streaming, having the right microphone is essential. But with so many options out there, it can be hard to decide which one is the best for you. To help narrow down the choices, let’s compare two popular mics: the RØDE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone with XLR and USB Outputs, Shock Mount and Pop Filter for Music Production, Vocal Recording and Podcasting (Black) and the RØDE NT1 Large-Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone with Shock Mount & Pop Filter for Music Production, Vocal Recording, Streaming and Podcasting.
The RØDE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone has a sleek and modern design. It has a black finish and comes with a shock mount and pop filter. It also has XLR and USB outputs, allowing for greater versatility in terms of connection options. On the other hand, the RØDE NT1 Large-Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone has a more traditional look with a silver finish. It also comes with a shock mount and pop filter, but only has an XLR output.
When it comes to performance, both of these mics offer great sound quality. The RØDE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone has a frequency response range of 20Hz to 20kHz, making it ideal for recording vocals and instruments. It also has a low self-noise of only 5dB, allowing for crystal clear recordings. The RØDE NT1 Large-Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone has a frequency response range of 20Hz to 20kHz and a self-noise of only 7dB, making it great for recording vocals, instruments, and streaming.
When it comes to price, the RØDE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone is more expensive than the RØDE NT1 Large-Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone. The former retails for around $300, while the latter retails for around $200.
The RØDE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone and the RØDE NT1 Large-Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone are both great options for recording music, podcasts, and streaming. The former has a sleek modern design and comes with XLR and USB outputs, while the latter has a more traditional look and only has an XLR output. Both mics offer great sound quality, but the RØDE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone is more expensive than the RØDE NT1 Large-Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone. Ultimately, the decision between the two comes down to personal preference and budget.
Specifications / Attributes
|Feature||RØDE NT1||RØDE NT1|
|Compatible Devices||Laptop, Personal Computer||Rode accessories|
|Connector||USB, XLR Connector||/|
|Date First Available||21 February 2023||3 August 2022|
|Item Model Number||NT1 5th Gen||NT1 4th Gen|
|Item Weight||308 g||440 g|
|Power Source||Corded Electric||Corded Electric|
|Product dimensions||27.18 x 20.96 x 17.65 cm; 308 Grams||26.92 x 21.34 x 17.65 cm; 440 Grams|
|Check the Best Deal Price Today||Check the Best Deal Price Today|