- Groundbreaking studio condenser microphone that fuses the classic sound signature of the iconic NT1 with patented next-generation technology
- Connect to an audio interface or mixer via XLR, or plug directly into a computer via USB to record studio-grade sound in any setup – an all-in-one digital recording solution for the home or the studio
- Offers the classic warm, silky character, extremely low self-noise and high SPL handling capability that the original is revered for, perfect for a huge range of applications, from voiceovers and guitars to drums and piano
- Features RØDE’s ultra-low-noise, high-gain Revolution Preamp and high-resolution (up to 192kHz) analog-to-digital conversion for crystal-clear digital recordings
- Body machined from high-grade aluminium with nickel plating and military-grade ceramic coating, ensuring its ready to take on the rigours of recording day in, day out
Sony ECM-LV1 Lavalier Microphone
- HIGH QUALITY SOUND: This Lavalier mic delivers crystal clear audio with high quality omni-directional pickup with reduced unwanted noise. Even further improved audio quality when used with the ECM-W2BT wireless microphone and a camera with a multi-interface shoe that supports digital audio capture.
- FLEXIBILITY: 360-degree rotation clip mic for freedom of horizontal attachment to a necktie, or vertical attachment to a pocket with the microphone attached at the same angle.
- PORTABLE: A compact design for unobtrusive tie, pocket or lapel mic attachment that can be transported effortlessly.
- IN THE BOX: Wind screen included to reduce noise when outside in strong winds that may interfere with audio recording.
Are you looking for the perfect microphone? If so, you’ve come to the right place! Today, we’ll be comparing the RØDE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone with XLR and USB Outputs, Shock Mount and Pop Filter for Music Production, Vocal Recording and Podcasting (Black) and the Sony ECM-LV1 Lavalier Microphone with Stereo Sound Capture. We’ll be exploring each microphone’s features, performance, and price point to help you decide which one is the best fit for your needs. So, let’s get started!
The RØDE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone is a professional-grade microphone that offers a wide range of features. It features a large-diaphragm condenser capsule for superior sound quality, a low-noise preamp, a high-pass filter to eliminate low-frequency noise, and an integrated pop filter for improved vocal clarity. It also comes with a shock mount and a USB output for easy connection to your computer.
The Sony ECM-LV1 Lavalier Microphone is a lightweight, compact microphone that offers stereo sound capture. It features a cardioid polar pattern for improved sound isolation, a low-noise preamp, and a 3.5mm output for easy connection to your recording device. It also comes with a windscreen for improved vocal clarity.
The RØDE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone offers superior sound quality, thanks to its large-diaphragm condenser capsule. It also has a low-noise preamp and a high-pass filter to reduce background noise. The integrated pop filter helps to eliminate plosives and other vocal artifacts.
The Sony ECM-LV1 Lavalier Microphone is also a great option for recording vocals. It has a cardioid polar pattern for improved sound isolation and a low-noise preamp for reduced background noise. The included windscreen helps to reduce wind noise and other vocal artifacts.
The RØDE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone retails for around $300, making it a great value for the features and performance it offers.
The Sony ECM-LV1 Lavalier Microphone retails for around $150, making it a great option for those on a budget.
The RØDE NT1 5th Generation Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone and the Sony ECM-LV1 Lavalier Microphone are both excellent options for recording vocals. The RØDE NT1 offers superior sound quality and a wide range of features, while the Sony ECM-LV1 offers stereo sound capture and a compact, lightweight design. Both microphones are great value for the money, but the RØDE NT1 is the better option for those who need a professional-grade microphone.
Specifications / Attributes
|Feature||RØDE NT1||Sony ECM-LV1 Lavalier Microphone|
|Batteries||N/A||1 Lithium Ion batteries required.|
|Compatible Devices||Laptop, Personal Computer||Camera|
|Connector||USB, XLR Connector||N/A|
|Date First Available||21 February 2023||12 March 2021|
|Graphics Card Interface||N/A||PCI-Express x16|
|Hardware Interface||N/A||PCI Express x16|
|Item Model Number||NT1 5th Gen||ECM-LV1|
|Item Weight||308 g||12 g|
|Mounting Hardware||N/A||Wind Screen, Stereo Lavalier Microphone|
|Number of items||N/A||1|
|Power Source||Corded Electric||Corded Electric|
|Product dimensions||27.18 x 20.96 x 17.65 cm; 308 Grams||29.99 x 5.16 x 12.69 cm; 12 Grams|
|Signal-to-noise ratio (dB)||N/A||35 dB|
|Check the Best Deal Price Today||Check the Best Deal Price Today|