USB Condenser Microphone with Boom Arm Unidirectional
- Cardioid Condenser Mic – Realistic and authentic sound because of the wide frequency range (20Hz – 20KHz) and 16mm large diaphragm. This microphone minimises ambient noise and focuses on your voice. A professional unidirectional sound for high quality recordings.
- Boom Arm – The scissor-shaped metal stand allows for a perfect hold on a table or desk. It is easy to move around freely and get the adjustments right when needed. The microphone is at the perfect height for speaking and recording – Maximum desk thickness: 1.8"/46mm.
- Plug and Play – With a USB A to USB B cable, the condenser mic is perfect for Mac, Windows, computers and PlayStation. For remote meeting on Teams or Zoom, gaming, podcasting, live stream on YouTube and Twitch with studio quality audio.
- Shock Mount – Rubberised elastic straps reduce unwanted noise due to micro shocks and vibrations in the recording environment (keyboard, mouse and body movement). Be sure to have a crystal clear sound.
- Pop Filter – Attenuate the breath to increase the quality of the recording. Record and be heard professionally with a clearer a purer sound with this mic bundle. An included windshield allows for even better sound filtering when you want to make a very high quality recording.
Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone
- Tri-capsule array – 3 condesner capsules can record almost any situation
- Multiple pattern selection – cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo
- Gain control, mute button, zero-latency headphone output
- Perfect for vocals, musical instruments, podcasting, voiceovers, interviews, field recordings, conference calls
Are you looking for the perfect microphone for your home studio, gaming setup, or podcast recording? You’ve come to the right place! In this blog post, we’ll be comparing two popular USB condenser microphones: the August REC100 and the Blue Microphones Yeti. By the end of this post, you’ll have a clear understanding of the differences and similarities between these two products.
The August REC100 is a professional cardioid mic kit that comes with a USB condenser microphone, a boom arm, a pop filter, and a shock mount. It’s designed for PC and laptop users, as well as gamers, podcast teams, and Zoom studios. The mic is unidirectional, which means it captures sound from one direction, allowing for better focus and clarity.
Blue Microphones Yeti
The Blue Microphones Yeti is a USB condenser microphone with a sleek midnight blue finish. It’s perfect for recording vocals, instruments, podcasts, and more. The Yeti is a tri-capsule array, which means it can record sound from three directions. This allows for more flexibility in capturing sound from different angles.
Both mics offer excellent sound quality. The August REC100 has a frequency response of 20Hz to 20kHz, allowing it to pick up a wide range of frequencies. The Blue Microphones Yeti also has a wide frequency response of 20Hz to 20kHz. Both mics offer great clarity and detail.
The August REC100 comes with a boom arm, pop filter, and shock mount, while the Blue Microphones Yeti does not. The Yeti does have a headphone jack, however, allowing you to monitor your recordings in real-time. Both mics have a plug-and-play design, making them easy to set up and use.
The August REC100 is more affordable than the Blue Microphones Yeti, coming in at around $90. The Yeti is priced at around $130.
The August REC100 and the Blue Microphones Yeti are both excellent USB condenser mics. The August REC100 is more affordable and comes with additional accessories, while the Yeti offers more flexibility with its tri-capsule array. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide which one is the best fit for your needs.
For more information on these products, visit the August REC100 and Blue Microphones Yeti product pages.
Specifications / Attributes
|Feature||USB Condenser Microphone with Boom Arm Unidirectional||Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Metal batteries required.||1 Lithium Ion batteries required.|
|Battery cell composition||N/A||Lithium Polymer|
|Compatible Devices||Personal Computer||Personal Computer|
|Date First Available||20 June 2022||13 November 2017|
|Does it contain liquid?||No||No|
|Hardware Platform||Laptop, PC, Tablet||PC|
|Includes AC Adapter||N/A||No|
|Includes Rechargeable Battery||No||No|
|Is discontinued by manufacturer||N/A||No|
|Item Model Number||AUG REC100B||988-000450|
|Item Weight||1.1 kg||1.45 kg|
|Microphone format||Large Diaphragm||Tri-Capsule Array|
|Model Name||REC100B||Blue Yeti USB Mic|
|Mounting Hardware||Microphone||– Yeti USB microphone with desktop stand – USB cable – 2-year manufacturer’s guarantee|
|Noise level||16 dB||100 dB|
|Number of items||1||1|
|Operating System||N/A||Windows 8.1, MacOS 10.10 or higher, Windows 7, Windows 10|
|Power Source||Corded Electric||Corded Electric|
|Product dimensions||39 x 11 x 4 cm; 1.1 Kilograms||12.45 x 11.94 x 29.46 cm; 1.45 Kilograms|
|Signal-to-noise ratio (dB)||78 dB||100 dB|
|Special Features||N/A||Microphone-Feature/Volume Control|
|Total USB ports||1||N/A|
|Check the Best Deal Price Today||Check the Best Deal Price Today|